Remember all those delicious blueberries Glor and I picked a couple weeks back? Well, here are some of them in a fresh batch of fantastic pancakes! These are the perfect stacks to make on a Sunday morning for breakfast or to add to your brunch menu! Super easy to make, packed full of flavor and fluffy enough to fill you up.
The touch of lemon adds amazing flavor that will have your guests asking for more! As much as I enjoy going out to eat I prefer to sit home with the family enjoying a great meal made with love. Nothing is more satisfying than to watch your loved ones enjoy something you prepared. These pancakes are the hit on Sunday mornings. And the fact that the kids helped picking the blueberries was definitely a huge part of the fun!
- 1 15oz container ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ⅔ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- In a large bowl, whisk together ricotta, sugar, eggs, lemon zest and juice.
- Add flour and baking powder and stir until well combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Grease skillet with butter or non-stick spray.
- Ladle batter into the skillet and cook pancakes until edges are beginning to crisp, about 5 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Serve pancakes topped with butter, syrup or powdered sugar!