Just recently I was asked to bring a breakfast dish for an upcoming celebration at work. I quickly offered to bring assorted donuts but it was shot down as an idea just as quickly. My co-workers are too smart to pass up a good thing. They know I enjoy cooking and suggested I bring a tasty home-made dish instead. It really didn’t take much to convince me.
So, I decided to whip up this quick and easy breakfast potato dish that anyone can put together even on a work day, in no time flat! It’s also a great idea as a side dish for brunch especially if you’re hosting. It tastes amazing and it’s incredibly satisfying!
- 4 cups potatoes, diced (I prefer new potatoes with skin on)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 Tbsp of butter
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Herbs de Provence
- dash of Red Pepper Flakes
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- Cook diced potatoes in salted boiling water for about 4 minutes, until just a bit tender but not cooked.
- Melt butter on medium heat in large skillet. Chop onion and begin to saute in melted butter.
- Drain potatoes and toss with onions. Season with salt and pepper, herbs, red pepper flakes and drizzle with olive oil.
- Fry potatoes to desired until browned.