Here’s a quick, savory and so delicious meal for you to make on a whim! This is by far a favorite in my house and it literally helps me out when I don’t know what to make and I’m short on time. If you love spicy asian foods, this is the must-have recipe to keep at your fingertips!
To say I love tofu is quite an understatement! I almost prefer it to a medium-rare NY strip (keyword almost)! It is such a great source of protein and depending on your spices and seasonings it tastes amazing! I love it stir fried, steamed and in soups. I cook it regularly and this recipe is by far the easiest, the one I make most often and my favorite.
Sticky Tofu & RiceDifficulty: Easy
A great dinner dish that’s easy to prepare, great source of protein and so satisfying.
2 blocks firm tofu
2 tbsp coconut oil
- SPICY STICKY SAUCE
1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
¾ cup soy sauce
¼ cup rice vinegar
¼ cup water
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp brown sugar
¼ sriracha sauce or as desired
bunch of green scallions
1 tbsp cornstarch
- In a rice cooker, cook jasmine rice according to package instructions.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan on medium-high heat.
- While oil heats drain out the liquid from the tofu blocks and get rid of any excess moisture by patting dry with paper towels. Cut the dry, moisture-free tofu block into chunks or cubes into desired size.
- In a large mixing bowl, add tofu cubes and gently toss with cornstarch making sure not to break up. Now gently put into hot oil making sure not splash onto yourself. Fry until golden, keeping an eye making sure not to burn.
- While the tofu is frying, in a large measuring cup mix the rest of the ingredients, except for the sesame seeds & scallions.
- Once the tofu is fried until golden, remove from heat and add mixture until well coated. The sauce will thicken as you let it sit.
- Serve with plain rice and garnish with chopped scallions and sesame seeds and serve.