Fall has finally arrived and what better way to welcome the season than with this special treat. Here we have two of the best quick breads come together to create what will become an amazing family favorite. Since I had a bunch of super ripe bananas laying in my kitchen I decided to join them with the season’s darling, pumpkin to make this dense and super moist hybrid bread. And man did it come out good!
Pumpkin Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- extra sugar for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch loaf pan with parchment paper so that it hangs over on the two longer sides of the pan, then grease with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice. Set the mixture aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, pumpkin purée, milk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan then liberally sprinkle the sugar on top (optional).
- Bake the bread for about 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Using the parchment paper overhang, lift the loaf out of the pan and place on a cooling rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.